Thursday, June 23, 2011

Weight loss and it's up and downs.

Hello lovely friends!

So, as many of you know from following me on youtube, I have been on the Atkins lifestyle change for over a year now. It has been a long hard road, but this has been the best change I have ever made! Now, most people look at those who lost the weight fast and want to join that program. From past experience that doesn't work in the long run.

I have been on the weight loss struggle for years! But in my later years is when I got the heaviest, after kids. Stress of life, military games and being lonely didn't help. Being a military wife you have to learn to spend lots of time on your own with your kids. That can be hard.  Food becomes your friend and enemy.

I lost a lot of weight 3 yrs ago but to put it right back on when my mom almost died. That stress was overwhelming for me and I put myself and health on the back burner.

Well fast forward to a year ago, I hated to see myself, pictures, video's..you name it. I tried to hide what I could. I knew I needed a change after a doctor appointment for a bad allergy attack. They took my weight, omg really? That scale has to be broken! And my blood pressure..holy high!

I went home and cried...how did I do this to myself again? Hubby never knew how bad I felt. He sat with me and asked me what my trigger foods were...carbs..always been carbs. I could look at a bagel and that would be on my butt or hips!  So he suggested I try Atkins. Really? I can't eat a lot of just meat and cheese..holy plug me up batman!  But we went for the "newer" version of Atkins.

We agreed to do this together..well that didn't last long. Hubby lost all his weight in 3 months! Not going to lie, I felt like shit. But I had the backing of so many women telling me it sucks how men can lose like that. But my body has changed since having kids..sooo..and I am 1yr to 40..yikes!

The road has been hard..lots of up and downs..but I have stuck with the plan. I started at a size 18.. I am now between a 12/10.  As I get closer..(goal is 8/10) my body struggles and is slow going. It is fighting me ever step of the way. But I know low carb has been the best choice. My blood pressure is normal..range is 114-116/70... I was at 130/80!

I  have gotten rid of bags and bags of clothes..but sometimes I look in the mirror on bad days and still see a fat person :( I think the mind catching up with the change is the hardest).  I am my worst critic. Hubby says many times for no reason.  How do I break that? How do I love myself and realize I have come so far and worked so hard? I still don't know the answer to that. I wish I did.

I will add some pictures at a later date of the change. But I wanted to share my story. If anyone is on the weight loss journey I am here for support. I know how much support makes a difference.

Thank you so much for reading my story!

Until next time...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment